Tuesday 29 November 2011

Freedom

Well...its been a while.I saw Bill Bailey...I was sitting so close to him I could have reached out and touched his big bald head. I have seen him before, and his show has changed loads...even funnier this time...damn musical genius...I envy his talent so much. Not only is he is a comical genius, but he is so musically talented, he makes me feel like a king Edward potato.

I am still carrying on with seeing Piers, my physio and going to the gym. Last week we went to Marjons gym, getting into his car using no equipment...just Piers' know how. I showed Piers what I usually do at the gym...we then tried some new equipment...stuff I usually only look at, but this time using them - like the rowing machine and a leg weightlifting machine...and I was also walking from machine to machine.

As well as all the exercise, I have been using my new standing frame loads, playing on the Wii and generally building the strength in my legs, which is coming on beaut.

I haven't been going out so much for drinks...but have been focusing more on building my strength. Also, I can't handle the hangovers anymore. I feel better for it! However, I did have my housewarming and had a few...got a bit pissed..had a wicked time and was a good opportunity to catch up with some mates.

I'm working with Steve on some new music...I haven't used any samples yet, but I have been composing some stuff on the piano. Also I feel amazed to say that i am doing what I only dreamed of doing again...scratching standing up..have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMfQ11H20Eg

Also I have been playing some piano sitting on a perching stool, like tweety bird. Getting out my wheelchair just helps to make me feel a bit more normal...here's the vid for that one too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YByNPTwPyi0

One big thing thing that has changed is the amount of freedom I now have, as I no longer have  two people for transfers in the morning and at night, which basically means I can now choose when I wake up and go to bed...at last.

And finally..hopefully, I may be getting the new iphone, which means that with its voice control, I will be able to call people and make arrangements a lots easier...which is spiffing.

And finally, finally...I have been watching Fresh Meat...it is absolute genius...gutted that it has finished...for now anyway.

Spinz out

1 comment:

  1. we were definately withing spittin distance of the Bailey meister! Cant wait to hear your new album sound! Check out BBC Introducing website, you can upload your last album on there and you might get a play on radio 6 / radio 1. Sorry havent been in to see you, have had a stinkin cold so thought I'd keep my distance! You got any plans for your 30th????? old man!

    ReplyDelete